Aktive Women’s Leadership Development Programme
The first intake of the Aktive Women’s Leadership Development Programme will bring together a diverse group of up to 20 women leaders from Tāmaki Makaurau. The 18-month programme provides a unique learning environment that supports participants to further develop their confidence and leadership competencies, and make an impact on the sport and recreation sector.
About the programme
The Aktive Women’s Leadership Development Programme has a facilitative approach. It is based personalised learning with shared experiences and peer coaching, an emphasis on self-reflection, and action learning.
- Further develop confidence and competence in a range of leadership behaviours
- Produce a Personal Development Plan with clear goals
- Develop career strategies
- Participate in regular networking
- Gain greater self-awareness
- Have access to mentoring
- Build better knowledge and understanding of the women and sport movement in New Zealand and globally.
The programme format includes:
- Workshops – 1 x 2-day workshop, followed by 2 x 1-day workshops over 18 months commencing March 2021
- Personal Development Plans – setting goals on leadership behaviours and career strategies
- Mentors – providing support throughout the programme.
About the applicants
- Currently be in middle management or recently appointed senior managers or Board members of sport or sport related organisations
- Have key areas of responsibility such as heading up a specific department/area/project for their organisation or have current responsibility for influencing people and/or managing staff
- Be identified as future leaders by their organisations, and have the aspiration and commitment to pursue a leadership pathway
- Be committed to making a difference and enhancing opportunities for women and girls in and through sport
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuous professional development.
Applications for the 2021 intake welcome now!
Applications close 5pm Friday 22 January 2021
HERA – Everyday Goddess®
HERA – Everyday Goddess is an initiative that celebrates girls as girls through being physically active.
It’s about knowing, as a girl, that what drives you to be physically active is unique to you – and HERA celebrates that! It’s also got tips and tools for parents, teachers and coaches; all designed to get girls engaged in physical activity.
Women’s Networking Event 2020
Key Partner – Women In Sport Aoteroa
For more information:
P: 027 220 0560