Aktive Women's Leadership Development Programme
Aktive Women's Leadership Development Programme in 2023/24 brings together up to 20 diverse women leaders. There will be limited places available for women from outside of Auckland. The 18-month programme provides a unique learning environment that supports participants to further develop their confidence and leadership competencies, and make an impact on the sport and recreation sector.
About the programme
The Aktive Women's Leadership Development Programme has a facilitative approach. It is based personalised learning with shared experiences and peer coaching, an emphasis on self-reflection, and action learning.
- Further develop confidence and competence in a range of leadership behaviours
- Produce a Personal Development Plan with clear goals
- Develop career strategies
- Participate in regular networking
- Gain greater self-awareness
- Have access to mentoring
- Build better knowledge and understanding of the women and sport movement in New Zealand and globally.
The programme format includes:
- Workshops – One 2-day workshop, two 1-day workshops and three online workshops over 18 months commencing August 2023
- Personal Development Plans – setting goals on leadership behaviours and career strategies
- Mentors – providing support throughout the programme.
About the applicants
- Currently be in middle management or recently appointed senior managers of sport or sport-related organisations
- Have key areas of responsibility such as heading up a specific department/area/project for their organisation or have current responsibility for influencing people and/or managing staff
- Be identified as future leaders by their organisations, and have the aspiration and commitment to pursue a leadership pathway
- Be committed to making a difference and enhancing opportunities for women and girls in and through sport
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuous professional development.
Click here for the Programme Information Pack.
Applications are open between 16 May – 16 June 2023 - click here for the EOI form.
Q & A webinar - 1pm, Thursday 8 June
For women who are considering applying for the Women’s Leadership Development Programme and would like some further information. Join us at 1pm on Thursday 8 June to hear more about the Women's Leadership Development Programme from programme facilitators and participants from cohorts one and two.
A chance to ask questions about the programme, commitment involved and opportunities that the programme can provide for participants.
Click here to join the meeting