Aktive Women's Leadership Development Programme
Aktive Women's Leadership Development Programme in 2022/23 brings together up to 20 diverse women leaders. There will be limited places available for women from outside of Auckland. The 18-month programme provides a unique learning environment that supports participants to further develop their confidence and leadership competencies, and make an impact on the sport and recreation sector.
About the programme
The Aktive Women's Leadership Development Programme has a facilitative approach. It is based personalised learning with shared experiences and peer coaching, an emphasis on self-reflection, and action learning.
- Further develop confidence and competence in a range of leadership behaviours
- Produce a Personal Development Plan with clear goals
- Develop career strategies
- Participate in regular networking
- Gain greater self-awareness
- Have access to mentoring
- Build better knowledge and understanding of the women and sport movement in New Zealand and globally.
The programme format includes:
- Workshops – 1 x 2-day workshop, followed by 2 x 1-day workshops over 18 months commencing June 2022
- Personal Development Plans – setting goals on leadership behaviours and career strategies
- Mentors – providing support throughout the programme.
About the applicants
- Currently be in middle management or recently appointed senior managers or Board members of sport or sport-related organisations
- Have key areas of responsibility such as heading up a specific department/area/project for their organisation or have current responsibility for influencing people and/or managing staff
- Be identified as future leaders by their organisations, and have the aspiration and commitment to pursue a leadership pathway
- Be committed to making a difference and enhancing opportunities for women and girls in and through sport
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuous professional development.
Applications for 2022 have now closed.
Aktive's Women's Event
Watch the August 2022 webinar, featuring insightful conversations with Jennah Wootten, Chief Executive, Aktive, and Michelle Hooper, Tournament Director, Rugby World Cup 2021, that help us collectively consider the potential positive impact of major events for women and girls across Tāmaki Makaurau. While providing a unique opportunity to learn, connect, and share with other women in the sector who are contributing to play, active recreation, and sport.