Our vision for co-creating a world-class sport system in Auckland
Our operational strategy to support this is The Auckland Approach to Community Sport, a targeted, scalable community sport system for Tāmaki Makaurau.
Aktive is responsible for setting the regional strategy for sport and active recreation for Auckland, sport systems and initiatives, advocacy, investment and shared services.
Our community delivery partners focus on building capabilities in their respective communities:
- CLM Community Sport is responsible for Counties Manukau (excluding Howick – Pakuranga)
- Harbour Sport is responsible for North Harbour
- Sport Auckland covers central Auckland and the Howick community
- Sport Waitākere operates in West Auckland
- College Sport Auckland operates across Greater Auckland secondary schools facilitating interschool sport competitions.
The Auckland Approach to Community Sport includes key areas of focus: Leadership and Advocacy; Korikori – schools and kura; Coach Development, including Good Sports®; Sector Support; Women and Girls; and Spaces and Places.
Target groups include tamariki, rangatahi, low participation communities, girls 10 to 18 years, Indian, Maori, Chinese and Samoan ethnicities.
With community delivery partners, we are here to support, provide insight, knowledge and expertise around play, physical education, active recreation and sport, and challenge inactivity in Auckland.