Aktive and our partners are proud to be managing Tū Manawa Active Aotearoa on behalf of Sport NZ in Tāmaki Makaurau.
- CLM Community Sport is responsible for projects delivered only in Counties Manukau (excluding Howick – Pakuranga) – $1,805,621
- Harbour Sport is responsible for projects delivered only in the North Harbour area - $438,471
- Sport Auckland is responsible for projects delivered only in central Auckland and the Howick community – $1,045,836
- Sport Waitākere is responsible for projects delivered only in West Auckland – $900,544
Aktive is responsible for projects that are delivered in more than one of the above regions – $989,271 is available for the current year.
The Regional Fund and Local Funds for applications over $10,000.00 are currently closed for applications. The opening date for the next round is Monday 30th January 2023 and applications must be received by Monday 13th March 2023.
Fast Fund applications for under $10,000.00 remain open for application each month.
The funds will be allocated to provide sport, active recreation, and play opportunities based in Auckland.
Please review the following information before applying.
What can be funded?
This is an activation fund to help cover programme or service delivery costs. This includes costs of:
- Programme or project delivery (e.g. venue or equipment hire, transport to the event)
- Equipment (as part of a programme or project)
- Officials, where these are required for the delivery
- Delivery staff wages (e.g. activity leader, coordinator).
What can't be funded?
- Water Skills for Life lessons, or transport for WSFL lessons
- Swimming Lessons (as part of in curriculum time delivery)
- School Camps that are part of normal curriculum activity
- School Sports Administrator/Coordinator roles
Note: Tū Manawa funding can’t be used in a school setting to provide and FTE or equivalent that are akin to HAL Advisor/Community Activator and Sport Coordinator/PE roles.
Bikes in Schools applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis
How much can I apply for?
Fast Fund applications: up to a maximum of $10,000 and can be made at any time.
Regional and Local Fund applications: over $10,000 and will be assessed during the year in funding rounds:
The Regional Fund offered by Aktive and the Local Fund offered by, CLM Community Sport, Harbour Sport, Sport Auckland, and Sport Waitākere is currently closed and the next funding round opening date is Monday 30th January 2023.
Before starting your application, please review the following information: Please note your application must be for a programme or project for up to a maximum of 12 months (i.e. you cannot apply for costs past a 12-month delivery period).
- Tū Manawa Active Aotearoa Community Guidelines
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Boundary guidelines
- Budget Template – To be used in all Tū Manawa applications
- Budget Template Walkthrough Video
Te Whetū Rehua Assessment
- Support document to accompany school setting applications
- Tū Manawa Active Aotearoa Implementation in a school/kura setting
- Tū Manawa In Class Support Document Evidence
- Tū Manawa Guidance For In Class Applications Form
- Tū Manawa Working with Schools Presentation
- View Tū Manawa Working with Schools Forum here
- School Support recordings
For more information to assist with your application, check out our Sector Support toolkits.
Expression of Interest
If you would like to find out if your project idea is suitable for Tū Manawa Active Aotearoa, we invite you to complete an expression of interest. This requires you to answer a couple of quick questions and summarise what your project/activity is about, who will be involved and how much you are seeking from the Tū Manawa Active Aotearoa fund.
We will provide feedback on what you have submitted and an indication of further work that may be required before a full application should be forwarded for consideration. Please be aware that support for your application or an acknowledgement that your application is ready to progress, is no guarantee that your application will be approved.
You are welcome to apply now if you are confident that your activity or project meets the requirements of the fund and the expectations of the organisation that is administering it.
Please ensure that you clear your cache (history) and you are using Google Chrome to complete the application.
Click here to apply.
We highly recommend you get in touch with our team before submitting an application so that we can help to ensure that your application is aligned
If you have any questions or for regional enquiries, please email email@example.com or call Trudi Bridges, Aktive on 021 145 2965.
For local enquiries, please contact:
CLM Community Sport – Bernadette Tovio, firstname.lastname@example.org, 021 275 2077 (Counties Manukau)
Harbour Sport – Mel Sykes, TuManawa@harboursport.co.nz, 027 700 4018 (North Auckland)
Sport Waitākere – David George, email@example.com, 021 688 354, (West Auckland)