Aktive and our community delivery partners are proud to be managing Tū Manawa Active Aotearoa on behalf of Sport NZ in Tāmaki Makaurau. More than $2 million is available in Auckland as follows:
- CLM Community Sport is responsible for projects delivered only in Counties Manukau (excluding Howick – Pakuranga). $315,903.10 is available for a Round 3 Local fund for over $10,000 applications. Application’s will open from Monday 17 May 2021 to Monday 7th June 2021. This round is open for play based and Kaupapa Māori applications (Kaupapa Māori will be assessed and measured utilising the Te Whetū Rehua). Applications to the Fast Fund under $10,000 are also welcomed.
- Harbour Sport is responsible for projects delivered only in North Harbour – Current round Tū Manawa funding has been exhausted for sport and active recreation projects; however, play projects may be funded, please contact Harbour Sport directly
- Sport Auckland is responsible for projects delivered only in central Auckland and the Howick community. Note: current round Tū Manawa funding has been exhausted so please contact Sport Auckland directly if you have any funding inquiries
- Sport Waitākere is responsible for projects delivered only in West Auckland – $122,909.23. Round 3 for over $10,000 applications is open from Monday 26 April 2021 to Wednesday 28 May 2021, and applications to the Fast Fund are welcomed.
Aktive is responsible for projects that are delivered in more than one of the above regions. Current Tū Manawa funding has been exhausted for the regional fund.
The funds will be allocated to provide sport, active recreation and play opportunities based in Auckland.
Please review the following information before applying.
What can be funded?
This is an activation fund to help cover programme or service delivery costs. This includes costs of:
- Programme or project delivery (e.g. venue or equipment hire, transport to the event)
- Equipment (as part of a programme or project)
- Officials, where these are required for the delivery
- Delivery staff wages (e.g. activity leader, coordinator).
How much can I apply for?
Fast Fund applications: up to a maximum of $10,000 and can be made at any time.
Regional and Local Fund applications: over $10,000 and will be assessed during the year in funding rounds:
Funding Round #3
- Local: CLM Community Sport open Monday 17 May 2021 – Monday 7 June 2021.
- Local: Sport Waitakere open Monday 26 April 2021 – Wednesday 28 May 2021.
Please note your application must be for a programme or project for up to a maximum of 12 months (i.e. you cannot apply for costs past a 12-month delivery period).
Before starting your application, please review the following information:
If you have any questions or for regional enquiries, please email us on email@example.com or please call Trudi Bridges (Aktive) on 021 145 2965.
For local enquiries, please contact:
- CLM Community Sport – Bernadette Tovio, firstname.lastname@example.org, 021 275 2077 (Counties Manukau)
- Harbour Sport – Mel Sykes, TuManawa@harboursport.co.nz, 027 700 4018 (North Auckland)
- Sport Auckland – Leanne Knox, email@example.com, 027 290 8589 (Central/East Auckland)