Aktive and our community delivery partners are proud to be managing Tū Manawa Active Aotearoa on behalf of Sport NZ in Tāmaki Makaurau. More than $2 million is available in Auckland for the second round of the fund, as follows:
- CLM Community Sport is responsible for projects delivered only in Counties Manukau (excluding Howick – Pakuranga) – $729,124.
- Harbour Sport is responsible for projects delivered only in North Harbour – Current round Tu Manawa funding has been exhausted for sport and active recreation projects, however play projects maybe funded, please contact Harbour Sport directly.
- Sport Auckland is responsible for projects delivered only in central Auckland and the Howick community – $483,222
- Sport Waitākere is responsible for projects delivered only in West Auckland – $281,570
Aktive is responsible for projects that are delivered in more than one of the above regions – $604,169.00 is available for the current round.
The funds will be allocated to provide sport, active recreation and play opportunities based in Auckland.
Please review the following information before applying.
What can be funded?
This is an activation fund to help cover programme or service delivery costs. This includes costs of:
- Programme or project delivery (e.g. venue or equipment hire, transport to the event)
- Equipment (as part of a programme or project)
- Officials, where these are required for the delivery
- Delivery staff wages (e.g. activity leader, coordinator).
How much can I apply for?
Fast Fund applications: up to a maximum of $10,000 and can be made at any time.
Regional and Local Fund applications: over $10,000 and will be assessed during the year in funding rounds.:
- Funding Round #2
- Regional: open Monday 1 February 2021 – Monday 8 March 2021 (as above).
- Local: open Monday 1 February 2021 – Monday 29 March 2021 (as above).
Please note your application must be for a programme or project for up to a maximum of 12 months (i.e. you cannot apply for costs past a 12-month delivery period).
Before starting your application, please review the following information:
If you have any questions or for regional enquiries, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or please call Trudi Bridges (Aktive) on 021 145 2965.
For local enquiries, please contact:
- CLM Community Sport – Jacqui Johnston, email@example.com, 027 548 4614 (Counties Manukau)
- Harbour Sport – Mel Sykes, TuManawa@harboursport.co.nz, 027 700 4018 (North Auckland)
- Sport Auckland – Leanne Knox, firstname.lastname@example.org, 027 290 8589 (Central/East Auckland)