- 22 May 2022
- 11:30 a.m. - 03:00 p.m.
Hobson Room, level 3
Greenlane West Road and Manakau Road, Greenlane
Due to the current COVID-19 restrictions in Auckland, the Intermediate and Secondary School Principals forum on Tuesday 19th October and the Intermediate and Secondary School Sport Leaders forum on Friday 22nd October have been postponed. Future forum dates are yet to be confirmed, but we do plan to hold both events during the 2022 academic school year. We hope to see you all sign up again for these events in the future.
In the meantime, please visit Aktive's Resource Hub to access toolkits, case studies, videos, and guides. It's free and connects you with the latest information on a range of play, sport and recreation topics.
You can also find the latest COVID-19 information in relation to Tāmaki Makaurau on the Aktive website.
This forum will unpack the critical key themes from the Youth Sport project (2018 - 2020) research that looked at intermediate and secondary school sport structures, athlete development practices, and assistance needed for teachers, coaches, managers and officials.
- What the Ideal School Sport state looks like and why it is important for school sport leaders to review their current school sport model.
- How schools can improve participation (based on good practice examples from across Tāmaki Makaurau)
- Barriers for rangatahi (based on Voice of Rangatahi survey)
- What rangatahi want from sport (based on Voice of Rangatahi survey)
- Future strategic thinking.
This event is strictly invite only.
For further information please contact Richard.Rangi@aktive.org.nz