What is the Community Resilience Fund?
Aktive is proud to be partnering with Sport NZ to administer the Sport NZ Community Resilience Fund in Tāmaki Makaurau. The Fund is available to regional organisations, as well as clubs.
Aktive is administering the fund across Auckland.
Aktive’s partners CLM Community Sport, Harbour Sport, Sport Auckland and Sport Waitākere are providing advice and support for local organisation and club applications.
If you are a regional organisation or club, affiliated to one of Sport NZ’s National Partners, or you are a Māori Sports Club or organisation which is not affiliated to a National Partner but, can gain endorsement from one of Sport NZ’s Māori Partners (click here for more information) then you could be eligible for financial support through the Sport NZ Community Resilience Fund.
The Fund aims to deliver immediate funding to help regional and local organisations remain financially viable through the immediate period of disruption created by COVID-19.
Clubs can apply for up to $1,000 in support. Regional recreation and sports organisations can apply for up to $40,000.
Please review the below information before starting the application process.
1. Are you eligible to apply?
The Sport NZ Community Resilience Fund (the Fund) aims to deliver funding to help regional and local organisations remain financially viable through the immediate period of disruption created by COVID-19. It is not intended for the national organisations that already receive investment directly from Sport NZ; instead it is for the regional and local organisations that form their networks (i.e. clubs).
The Fund is for organisations that are already materially negatively impacted by COVID-19 restrictions and/or will be materially negatively impacted by COVID-19 restrictions for the period April to June 2020.
As a result of income loss or income that is likely to be delayed by more than six months due to the impacts of COVID-19 restrictions, this means that:
- even after considering reserves and receiving other support from the national body, government and others,
- the organisation cannot pay bills for fixed administration costs (excluding wages) in the three months from 1 April to 30 June 2020.
2. Read the Guidelines & FAQs
To find out more download our fund guidelines.
If you have any questions, please download our FAQs document, or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
For previous chat room recordings, please view below:
- Chat Room for Māori Organisations – Wed 13 May
- Chat Room for Regional Organisations – Thurs 14 May
- Chat Room for Clubs – Thurs 14 May
3. Get your information ready to complete the online application form
To complete the application, you will need the following for your organisation:
- Incorporated Society Number or New Zealand Business Number (if applicable)
- GST number (if applicable)
- Latest bank statement (showing account name and number)
- Latest annual financial statements
- A letter of endorsement if your organisation is a Māori Sports Club or organisation which is not affiliated to a National Partner (click here for more information)
- An invoice made out to Aktive for the amount you are applying for.
We suggest using Google Chrome to complete the form.
4. Application form
To view successful applicants as of 25 May 2020, click here.
We’re Here to Help
If you have any queries, please contact the following team member:
|For Regional Sports Organisations||Simone Spencer
Portfolio Manager – Women & Girls, Good Sports®, Coaching
|Simone.email@example.com||027 220 0560|
|For Māori Organisations||Karla Matua
Kaiwhakahaere – He Oranga Poutama ki Tāmaki Makaurau
|Karla.firstname.lastname@example.org||021 160 1645|
For clubs and other local organisations, please contact the relevant Regional Sports Trust/Partner:
|CLM Community Sport||Bernie Tovio
|email@example.com||021 275 2077|
|Harbour Sport||Tyrone Elkington-MacDonald
Spaces & Places Lead and Sector Development Manager
|firstname.lastname@example.org||027 700 5477|
|Sport Auckland||Rory McKenzie
Community Sport Advisor
|RoryM@sportauckland.co.nz||027 341 0685|
|Sport Waitākere||Javeed Ali
Community Sport and Recreation Team Leader
|email@example.com||022 012 7264|