The COVID-19 pandemic affects those who participate and organisations that provide play, physical education, active recreation and sport services.
You can access the latest COVID-19 information, financial support and resources and templates for your organisation below.
View the latest New Zealand Government updates on COVID-19 here.
Keep up to date on COVID-19 in Tāmaki Makaurau on the Auckland Regional Public Health Service website here.
Find out what services are available via Auckland Council here.
COVID-19 Vaccination Toolkit
This COVID-19 Vaccination Toolkit comprises sector-specific resources that organisations can tailor for use. These documents have been legally reviewed; however, please be aware of the content of these documents in the context of when they were created versus when your organisation will send out to your employees/contractors/members. For example, the answers provided in the FAQ document may change as further announcements regarding vaccinations (including the COVID-19 Protection Framework) are made by the Government.
- Vaccination Decision Making Guide – This details the steps your organisation should take should you choose to implement a COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate policy and procedures, including how to deal with employees, contractors and volunteers/members
- Risk Assessment – This form can be used to determine the level of risk when deciding your organisation’s procedures in handling COVID-19
- Policy Letter – This template can be used to communicate your organisation’s draft policy
- COVID-19 Policy – This draft policy can be used to outline your organisation’s approach to vaccinations
- FAQs – This document can accompany your organisation’s draft policy and provides answers that are expected to be asked by your employees, contractors and volunteers/members
- Policy Implementation Letter – This template can be used to communicate your organisation’s confirmed policy
- RSO Letter – This template can be used by Regional Sport Organisations to communicate your sport’s approach to implementing a COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate policy and procedures
Watch the Sector Update Forum 6 October here.
Watch the Sector Update Forum 3 November here.
Watch the Sector Update Forum 17 November here.
Watch the Sector Update Forum 1 December here.
Alert Level information
Each Alert Level tells us what measures we need to take.
- Find out about the alert level guidelines for play, active recreation and sport from Sport New Zealand here.
- If you’re looking to be active outside, view the Mountain Safety Council outdoor information checker here.
- For Ministry of Education guidance for schools and kura click here.
Guidance from the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment on what you can do in the workplace. Click here
Additional funding opportunities
Many organisations depend on the income from grants and fundraisers, and the support of their sponsors; many could not survive without this type of partnership. Find out what funding opportunities are currently available here:
- Gaming Machines. Find out more
- Foundation North. Find out more
- Auckland Council Grants. Find out more
- Tū Manawa Active Aotearoa. Find out more
Sport New Zealand has recently developed a free crowdfunding platform called BoostedSport. Find out more
For free budgeting and XERO set up assistance click here.
Tāmaki Makaurau Sector Support Fund- This fund is now closed for application.
The Tāmaki Makaurau Sector Support Fund aims to provide financial support to organisations based in the Auckland region and delivering play, active recreation and sport opportunities in the Auckland region that are experiencing financial hardship in the period 17 August to 18 October 2021 as a result of extended time at Alert Levels 3 and 4.
This Fund was provided by Sport New Zealand and has been administered by Aktive and our partners CLM Community Sport, Harbour Sport, Sport Auckland and Sport Waitākere.
Download our Getting Through and Getting Ready guides which provide step-by-step instructions in dealing with the immediate implications of closing, operating a limited-service and/or gearing up to resume the provision of play, active recreation and sport opportunities. They contain good practice tips and advice from all over Auckland.
We have also put together a Contact Tracing Requirements guide for providers of play, active recreation and sport.
These resources can be viewed here.
Secondary school sport resources
Changing Room Areas click here
Gymnasiums click here
Managing Events click here
Team trainings click here
You can access resources to support your organisation’s planning and management, from contact tracing to hygiene and sanitation, along with other useful guidance and documents:
- Sport New Zealand advice, guidance and resources. Click here
- Sport New Zealand Vaccination guidance for the sport and recreation sector Click here
- School Sport New Zealand advice on delivering secondary school sport. Click here
Physical Education New Zealand ideas for learning through physical activity at home. Click here
Aktive also has resources to assist your organisation here.
Read tips to look after your wellbeing and get through this time and beyond.
- Wellbeing tips from Mental Health New Zealand. Click here
- Ideas to play at / or near home. Click here
- Find out where your local parks and walkways are so you can be physically active in your bubble. Click here
- For more ways to be active at home. Click here
- Physically Distant but in this Together Sport New Zealand resource. Click here
We are also here to help - please don’t hesitate to contact us if you would like any assistance.