The COVID-19 pandemic affects those who participate and organisations that provide play, physical education, active recreation and sport services.
You can access the latest COVID-19 information, financial support and resources and templates for your organisation below.
View the latest New Zealand Government updates on COVID-19 here.
Keep up to date on COVID-19 in Tāmaki Makaurau on the Auckland Regional Public Health Service website here.
Find out what services are available via Auckland Council here.
Updates and online forums
Update August 18 click here.
Update August 24 click here.
Update August 27 click here.
Update September 2 click here.
Update September 9 click here.
Update September 15 click here.
Update September 21 click here.
Sector Update and Sector Connect online forums calendar click here.
Alert Level information
Each Alert Level tells us what measures we need to take.
- Find out about the alert level guidelines for play, active recreation and sport from Sport New Zealand here.
- If you’re looking to be active outside, view the Mountain Safety Council outdoor information checker here.
- For Ministry of Education guidance for schools and kura click here.
Guidance from the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment on what you can do in the workplace. Click here
Many organisations depend on the income from grants and fundraisers, and the support of their sponsors; many could not survive without this type of partnership. Find out what funding opportunities are currently available here:
- Gaming Machines. Find out more
- Foundation North. Find out more
- Auckland Council Grants. Find out more
- Tū Manawa Active Aotearoa. Find out more
Sport New Zealand has recently developed a free crowdfunding platform called BoostedSport. Find out more
For free budgeting and XERO set up assistance click here.
Download our Getting Through and Getting Ready guides which provide step by step instructions in dealing with the immediate implications of closing, operating a limited service and/or gearing up to resume the provision of play, active recreation and sport opportunities. They contain good practice tips and advice from all over Auckland.
We have also put together a Contact Tracing Requirements guide for providers of play, active recreation and sport.
These resources can be viewed here.
Secondary school sport resources
Changing Room Areas click here
Gymnasiums click here
Managing Events click here
Team trainings click here
You can access resources to support your organisation’s planning and management, from contact tracing to hygiene and sanitation, along with other useful guidance and documents:
- Sport New Zealand advice, guidance and resources. Click here
- School Sport New Zealand advice on delivering secondary school sport. Click here
Physical Education New Zealand ideas for learning through physical activity at home. Click here
Aktive also has resources to assist your organisation here.
Read tips to look after your wellbeing and get through this time and beyond.
- Wellbeing tips from Mental Health New Zealand. Click here
- Ideas to play at / or near home. Click here
- Find out where your local parks and walkways are so you can be physically active in your bubble. Click here
- For more ways to be active at home. Click here
- Physically Distant but in this Together Sport New Zealand resource. Click here
We are also here to help - please don’t hesitate to contact us if you would like any assistance.