The COVID-19 pandemic affects those who participate and organisations that provide play, physical education, active recreation and sport services.
You can access the latest COVID-19 information, financial support and resources and templates for your organisation below.
View the latest New Zealand Government updates on COVID-19 here.
For COVID-19 Protection Framework information in relation to play, active recreation and sport visit the Sport NZ website here.
Keep up to date on COVID-19 in Tāmaki Makaurau on the Auckland Regional Public Health Service website here.
Find out what services are available via Auckland Council here.
Regional Covid Hardship Fund
The Regional Covid Hardship Fund aims to provide financial support to organisations based in the Northland, Auckland and Waikato regions delivering play, active recreation and sport opportunities in the region that are experiencing financial hardship in the period 19 October until 17 December 2021 as a result of extended time at Alert Levels 3 and 4. It is to help ensure that those organisations are able to continue delivering quality physical activity experiences to get Every Body Active in Aotearoa New Zealand.
Please note as we have offered a previous funding round, the Tāmaki Makaurau Sector Support fund, for this fund will cover fixed administration and operating costs for the period 19 October to 17 December 2021 and up to three months’ worth (pro-rated) of audit and insurance costs.
This Fund is provided by Sport New Zealand and will be administered in Auckland by Aktive and our partners CLM Community Sport, Harbour Sport, Sport Auckland and Sport Waitākere.
What are the fund’s dates?
The Regional Covid Hardship Fund opens Monday 28 February 2022 and closes Sunday 3 April 2022.
What can be funded?
The Fund is intended to help cover fixed administration and operating costs that relate to providing play, active recreation and sport experiences, for organisations that are experiencing financial hardship (through loss of revenue) and is specifically intended to address the increased impact due to the extended period in Alert Levels 3 and 4 in 2021. Please refer to the Guidelines for more information about the types of costs that you may include, and the costs that are not be covered.
How much can I apply for?
No applicant will be awarded more than $25,000.
The amount of funding you are eligible for will be reduced by any payments received from the Tāmaki Makaurau Sector Support Fund. I.e. No applicant will be awarded more than $25,000 across the Tāmaki Makaurau Sector Support Fund and the Regional Covid Hardship Fund.
Where do I get more information?
Note: there is no need to register for the forums, simply follow the link to join the conversation on Microsoft Teams.
Who can I contact if I have queries?
If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, you can contact:
- Trudi Bridges – Funding Manager, Aktive email@example.com 021 1452965
- Jamie Archibald – Sector Development/Spaces & Places Manager, CLM firstname.lastname@example.org 027 4677 068
- Tyrone Elkington-MacDonald – Sport Development Manager & Spaces & Places Lead, Harbour Sport email@example.com 027 7005477
- Caitlin Molloy – Community Sport Advisor, Sport Auckland firstname.lastname@example.org 021 0664423
- Javeed Ali – Community & Sport Recreation Team Lead, Sport Waitākere email@example.com 022 0127264
COVID-19 Protection Framework information
Each setting tells us what measures we need to take.
- Find out about the COVID-19 Protection Framework guidelines for play, active recreation and sport from Sport New Zealand here.
- For Ministry of Education guidance for schools and kura click here.
Guidance from the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment on what you can do in the workplace. Click here
Additional funding opportunities
Many organisations depend on the income from grants and fundraisers, and the support of their sponsors; many could not survive without this type of partnership. Find out what funding opportunities are currently available here:
- Wage Subsidy Scheme here
- Resurgence Support Payment here
- Auckland Unlimited Local Activation Fund here
- Other funding opportunities, including:
- Gaming Machines. Find out more
- Foundation North. Find out more
- Auckland Council Grants. Find out more
- Tū Manawa Active Aotearoa. Find out more
Sport New Zealand has recently developed a free crowdfunding platform called BoostedSport. Find out more
For budgeting and XERO set up assistance click here.
Tāmaki Makaurau Sector Support Fund- This fund is now closed for application.
The Tāmaki Makaurau Sector Support Fund aims to provide financial support to organisations based in the Auckland region and delivering play, active recreation and sport opportunities in the Auckland region that are experiencing financial hardship in the period 17 August to 18 October 2021 as a result of extended time at Alert Levels 3 and 4.
This Fund was provided by Sport New Zealand and has been administered by Aktive and our partners CLM Community Sport, Harbour Sport, Sport Auckland and Sport Waitākere.
COVID-19 Vaccination Toolkit
This COVID-19 Vaccination Toolkit comprises sector-specific resources that organisations can tailor for use. These documents have been legally reviewed; however, please be aware of the content of these documents in the context of when they were created versus when your organisation will send out to your employees/contractors/members. For example, the answers provided in the FAQ document may change as further announcements regarding vaccinations (including the COVID-19 Protection Framework) are made by the Government.
- Vaccination Decision Making Guide – This details the steps your organisation should take should you choose to implement a COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate policy and procedures, including how to deal with employees, contractors and volunteers/members
- Risk Assessment – This form can be used to determine the level of risk when deciding your organisation’s procedures in handling COVID-19
- Policy Letter – This template can be used to communicate your organisation’s draft policy
- COVID-19 Policy – This draft policy can be used to outline your organisation’s approach to vaccinations
- FAQs – This document can accompany your organisation’s draft policy and provides answers that are expected to be asked by your employees, contractors and volunteers/members
- Policy Implementation Letter – This template can be used to communicate your organisation’s confirmed policy
- RSO Letter – This template can be used by Regional Sport Organisations to communicate your sport’s approach to implementing a COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate policy and procedures
You can access resources to support your organisation’s planning and management, from contact tracing to hygiene and sanitation, along with other useful guidance and documents:
- Sport New Zealand advice, guidance and resources. Click here
- Sport New Zealand Vaccination guidance for the sport and recreation sector Click here
- School Sport New Zealand advice on delivering secondary school sport. Click here
Physical Education New Zealand ideas for learning through physical activity at home. Click here
Aktive also has resources to assist your organisation here.
Read tips to look after your wellbeing and get through this time and beyond.
- Wellbeing tips from Mental Health New Zealand. Click here
- Ideas to play at / or near home. Click here
- Find out where your local parks and walkways are so you can be physically active in your bubble. Click here
- For more ways to be active at home. Click here
- Physically Distant but in this Together Sport New Zealand resource. Click here
We are also here to help - please don’t hesitate to contact us if you would like any assistance.