On behalf of Aktive’s Board, we are pleased to release our 2019/2020 annual report, with highlights including:
- An overview of our COVID-19 sector response, including a six-point plan and comprehensive, tailored support
- An update on our long-term strategic framework to 2040 and The Auckland Approach to Community Sport co-created with partners, with details on the areas of focus, delivery and specific Communities of Activity serviced by CLM Community Sport, Harbour Sport, Sport Auckland and Sport Waitākere
- Details on nearly $13m of strategic investment for community sport delivery, strategic leadership and regional services into the sport and recreation sector in Tāmaki Makaurau, including KiwiSport expenditure
- Over $2.5m of realisable back office savings achieved to date through Aktive Shared Services
- Progress on key initiatives including HERA – Everyday Goddess® and Good Sports®, as well as He Oranga Poutama and the Greater Auckland Aquatic Action Plan.