Aktive’s aim is to have more of Auckland’s young people participating in sport and recreation. School and Community refers to providing the opportunity and support for 5-18 year olds to ultimately have a quality sporting experience. We want our young people of Auckland to have a lifelong love of being physically active.
Key areas of activity as part of our Young People work are:
- To advocate and promote the positive impact of physical activity on the Hauora/Well-Being of young people
- To support a system that enables school communities to understand and implement a quality physical activity approach
- To collaborate with the community sport sector, parents and whanau/family to support the understanding of the physical literacy approach
- Lead a collaborative and locally-led approach in meeting young people’s needs and interests.
There are a number of programmes focused on young people in Auckland that Aktive is involved with, including:
- Greater Auckland Aquatic Action Plan (GAAAP)
- HERA – Everyday Goddess
- Good Sports
- TLC (Talent, Leadership, Character)