Aktive Shared Services & Procurement was established as a not-for profit service with the objective of offering high quality and more cost effective accounting services for the sport and recreation sector and to leverage this group’s buying power to reduce costs. Under Aktive Shared Services & Procurement, we can offer accounting services and have targeted key expense areas in our procurement offers.
To date we have provided realisable savings of over $1 million (net of costs) and are driving an average of 40% savings for a number of sport and recreation organisations – money that can and has been invested back into sport at the grassroots.
“Triathlon New Zealand has chosen to be part of Aktive’s Shared Services. the model provides flexibilty and ensures we can access expertise that would otherwise be unaffordable.”
– Claire Beard, CEO, Triathlon New Zealand
We have a team of qualified and part qualified Accountants who can provide their expertise across a full or select suite of services, tailored towards your organisation’s needs offering. These include:
- Accounting Services – Book keeping, monthly management accounts, annual financial statements.
- Project Management – We can help ease the pain of transition into cloud based solutions for accounting and payroll.
- Automated Board Reporting – We’ll save you time by creating automated dashboard reporting that visualise key metrics for management and your Board.
- Online Solutions – We use Xero-based accounting solutions which has an online, user friendly interface, can easily integrate with excel and has a suite of add-on tools depending on your organisation’s needs. This allows:
- A clear overview of your current financial position, in real-time.
- Multi-user access makes it easy to collaborate online with your team and advisors.
- Everything is run online, so there’s nothing to install and everything is backed up automatically. Updates are automatic, free and instantly available.
- Upfront business costs are reduced version upgrades, maintenance, system administration costs and server failures are no longer issues.
- Efficient since a low base cost and a feed of bank transactions, staff expense claim module, and fixed asset module are included at no extra cost.
“A significant reduction in the availability of funding sources has meant College Sport has to be smarter in the way it operates. Thanks to Aktive Shared Services & Procurement we have made huge savings; particularly in accounting, IT and rent. These savings have had a positive impact on holding down the cost of the sporting services we provide to our 110 member schools.”
– Jim Lonergan, CEO, College Sport Auckland
Procurement deals we can offer include variable fleet deals with Holden, legal expertise with Simpson Grierson, photocopier solutions with Ricoh and telecommunications services with Spark. For more information on each procurement please read below.
Our fleet provider, Holden, offers competitive (preferential) pricing on both financing and purchase price options. On average, we have seen significant savings of almost 40% of fleet costs with Holden.
Variable lease and purchase agreements are available. You can stipulate the length of term, purchase or lease options, number of cars, service levels etc. to suit your needs and budgets. The friendly team at West City Holden has been appointed the Holden dealership partner (for Auckland). They can help you to achieve best value for money from your fleet’s configuration, purchasing and management.
Ricoh has offered the sector preferential pricing in conjuction with being Aktive’s preferred supplier for photocopiers. Ricoh is a recognised leader in the office products industry with their multifunctional devices and printers acclaimed by leading industry analysts.
Ricoh has a wide range of print solutions. This team is committed to providing an extremely competitively priced range of photocopiers and printers to accommodate your needs, whether you are a club or regional or national sports organisation.
Simpson Grierson is the only full service commercial law firm in New Zealand with a dedicated sport, entertainment and venues teams as well as the leading sales and marketing team. Working alongside their market leading intellectual property, employment, charities and other specialist teams, Simpson Grierson provides an unmatched level of specialist service.
With over 225 legal staff, this team can resource any legal matter effectively and efficiently and, with offices in Auckland, Christchurch and Wellington, they can provide full national coverage. Through Aktive’s Shared Services you can access a discounted hourly rate for Simpson Grierson’s legal expertise. Simpson Grierson can provide upfront estimates for work and will discuss fixed costs for particular types of work. All invoices are fair-value assessed internally, notwithstanding recorded time.
Spark NZ is one of New Zealand’s leading telecommunications companies. We been able to leverage our collective buying power as a sector and track record to negotiate an extremely competitive business rate deal for your mobile phone solutions. We can organise a no obligation quote for your organisation via Spark Business Hub Waitakere, each package can be tailored to your organisation’s needs. Aktive provides this as a not for profit service for the sector and receives no commission on each referral.
If you would like to receive a no obligations quote on any of our procurement offers please contact;
Corporate Services Manager
021 722 289