KiwiSport is a government funding initiative to promote sport for school-aged children.
The fund aims to:
- Increase the number of school-aged children participating in organised sport
- Increase the availability and accessibility of sport opportunities for all school-aged children.
- Support children to develop skills that enable them to participate confidently in sport.
The following KiwiSport Funds are available in the Auckland region:
- Auckland Regional KiwiSport Fund
- Counties Manukau Local Community Fund and Fast Fund
- Sport Auckland Local Community Fund and Fast Fund
- Harbour Sport Local Community Fund and Fast Fund
- Sport Waitakere Local Community Fund and Fast Fund
To view all past funding decisions click here.
Which Fund Do I Apply For?
- If your project spans more than one local Regional Sport Trust (RST) area, apply to the Auckland Regional KiwiSport Fund.
- If you project is planned to be within one local RST area, apply to the relevant RST’s Local Community Fund.
- If the funding you seek is for less than $5,000 within one local RST area, apply to the relevant RST’s Local Fast Fund.
|Auckland Regional KiwiSport Fund
||Auckland-wide or spans more than one local RST area||>$5,000||Aktive|
|Local Community Fund
||Within one local RST area||>$5,000||Local RST/CLM|
||Within one local RST area||<$5,000||Local RST/CLM|
To see KiwiSport application timelines click here.
Auckland Regional KiwiSport Fund
The Auckland Regional KiwiSport Fund is to support regional and/or national sport organisations for projects/initiatives that can provide new or increased opportunities of organised sport for children aged 5-18 in more than one of the four local RST area.
To be considered as a regional project, the application must demonstrate how the project intends to deliver across two or more of the local RST areas.
For more information, see the KiwiSport Investment Plan for Auckland.
Local KiwiSport Funds
Details of local KiwiSport funds can be found at the following links